We ask all our Members and Supporters to contact the Prime Minister and the Treasurer, calling for a halt to further cuts, including the $84 million indexation cuts which, if not withdrawn, will cost another 200 ABC jobs – on top of the huge cuts already imposed since 2014. You can use the form below to contact the Treasurer. Please use this form to contact the Prime Minister, Scott Morrison. You can cut and paste the text below and edit it as required.
Please restore the $84m cuts imposed on the ABCRead or edit the petition
The campaign is now more important than ever – please help. The louder our voice, the greater our influence. Please tell your friends, family and colleagues know about the campaign.
- The ABC is under very serious threat – from politicians, commercial media organisations and certain lobby groups.
- The ABC is the most trusted, admired and valued national institution.
- Large scale sackings have already occurred due to Government cuts to the ABC budget and more are planned.
- The ABC has cut programs and is further centralising its operations in Sydney – which runs counter to its Charter.
- ABC Friends are working hard with parliamentarians to build political support.
- We are making our views known to the ABC Board and Management and want to build better direct engagement.
Please note that we are not a charity and no tax advantage applies to donations.